Monday, May 21, 2012

Donna Summer Endless Summer 05

donna summer endless summer

Donna Summer Photos

I've been leading bands of musicians now for quite awhile. I'm not going to reveal just how long. However let's just say that professional music has been my only ever career, I've toured over three of the five "tour-able" continents, and I am still at it today, somehow, supporting a loving family and still 'burning with fire for the cause'. In fact I am addicted, not only to the endlessly creative and entertaining projects that I engage with, but also to the atmosphere, camaraderie, and banter that is part of the job of being a Musician, and a Band Leader. Hopefully I can pass onto anyone who chooses to read some of my articles, musician or not, a chuckle and some insight into the world of the Working Musician.

donna summer endless summer

Donna Summer Photos

The most common place for musicians to 'have a laugh', other than on-stage, is of course backstage. Most often just before taking to the stage, as the long waiting and hanging around backstage comes to a head; musicians are usually at their peak of wittiness. Most professional musicians I've ever worked with don't get nervous prior to performing on stage, however they definitely do get a charge through their system, which often manifests itself in a bit of 'toungue and cheek'.

donna summer endless summer

Donna Summer Photos

Just recently while waiting to go on stage for a second set of dance music, a very familiar situation for my band and me, my vocalist and I came up with this terrifically funny game of naming the top five songs associated with different situations we've found ourselves in with clients, as a band. Have a read below as it makes much more sense, but as you can see, they are an easy way to waste away a few minutes waiting backstage.

donna summer endless summer

Donna Summer Photos

It's your 50th birthday party. All of a sudden the lights go down, and a giant cake is wheeled into the room. Just as soon as you blow the candles out, a scantily clad girl leaps from the cake and starts dancing for you! What song is she dancing to?

donna summer endless summer

Donna Summer Photos

donna summer endless summer

Donna Summer Photos

donna summer endless summer

Donna Summer Photos

donna summer endless summer

Donna Summer Photos

donna summer endless summer

Donna Summer Photos